Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Windows doesn't see my video card anymore?

Here's my situation; I bought a used laptop from someone off of Craigslist. It had a nice video card in it, but I forgot to write down it's name. I recently installed a newer version of Windows, and it doesn't say I have that video card anymore. It says I have a standard vga card. Trying to update the driver doesn't work. There are no stickers on the laptop, and the guy I bought it from hasn't answered my calls.



Is there any way to find out what video card it is? If I open the laptop and look for it, will it say on the card? Or is there a website that can scan my pc and tell me? I look in the device manager under display adapters and all it says is standard vga graphics adapters.



I can't remember exactly the name of the card, it was something like nvidia geforce 9800gt but I'm not sure what letters came after the 9800 part. Is there any way I can get the laptop to detect the card?

Windows 7 ultimate

alienware area-51 m15x



Please help.|||This laptop has an: Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB graphics card.



You should be able to download the drivers from Alienware or Nvidia themselves.



Go here http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.a… and select 8800M series and GTX in the next drop down.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment