Monday, May 7, 2012

Windows 7 Freezing - I don't even know where to start!?

Windows 7 is freezing on me like CRAZY. It was at a point where I couldn't even boot into windows. I've finally gotten past that but now I can't play games. If I play Starcraft or Left 4 Dead 2 it will freeze and lock up, and sometimes it won't boot into windows at all. Someone pointed out it could be my RAM or my Motherboard.



Two suggestions offered were:

1. Adjust the BIOs settings for my RAM since certain parts are set to "automatic" which can cause problems

2. Get drivers for my motherboard? I don't know where to get any of this info or waht to do.



My RAM is: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT



My motherboard is the ASUS Sabertooth X58



And if it matters I also have this video card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card



I have no idea what to do but this ridiculously frustrating.|||Its NOT you device drivers if you got 4Gb of RAM its NOT that, and the motherboard has nothing to do with it unless its broken which its not because it wouldn''t work at all if it was. if you processor is slower than 2.5 Ghps that's probably it. the booting problems is your core boot files messing by not being read properly and is probably a virus. BTW!!!! you CANNOT remove a virus on you core files if you are booted to windows, you have to use a anti virus boot disk. Add me, i rebuild computers and use to be a hacker so i know them inside out. we can "talk" (email or w/e) and ill help. btw i need to know if its locking up or just shutting down.|||Here is the #1 Starcraft 2 Guide on the web, you can learn the top Starcraft 2 Strategies from the Pros, and reach #1 Rank Diamond:





http://www1.k901.com/starcraft.html

No comments:

Post a Comment