Sunday, May 6, 2012

I want to upgrade my video card to something that will run windows 7 without glitching and maybe counterstrike?

and other games. my computer is from 2005, but at that time it was toward the top of the line, dual core processor. well it only has pci slots i believe, so what specifications do i look at to determine quality. id like to spend (hopefully way) under $100. i have 2g ram. i looked on new egg, and there are alot of off brands for low price, but im not sure about quality. thanks, have a nice day|||I upgraded the card for a friend's son in the same situation -- a computer with only PCI slots. The biggest problem is not to confuse cards with pci express slots for the cards you need.



At New Egg, on the left side under "Guided Search" find the Interface category and select "PCI" There should be around 62 results.Now you can shop for cards that will work in your computer



Change the "search within" to go by ratings. Look for cards that support DX10. Personally I'm not really familiar with ATi, so I'll mention you best bet for cards to support Windows 7 & DX10 would be nVidia G-force 8xxx or 9xxx cards (the higher the number the newer release).



Most importantly see how many reviews each card has read the reviews of the cards with the most reviews and weigh the pros and cons. You should find something that'll work.



I found a G-Force 8400 last last year, installed it and it works fine in my friends computer.|||Counter-Strike (both CS1.6 and CS:S) is not a graphic intensive game. So you can pretty much get by with most cards that can run Windows 7.



My suggestion is to either go with this HD4650 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… = $50) or this HD4670 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… = $63). Both cards should run Counter-Strike and Windows 7 very well!



I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment