Monday, May 7, 2012

Windows 7 Freezing - still!?

Hey guys, I submitted a post a few weeks ago, maybe even more recent than that, and it was because my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit was freezing all the time. I thought I resolved it when I reseated my video card because it was cool for a little while. No problems.

However recently it's started again. It mainly freezes up with video related **** - playing games, watching a video (even if it's just youtube) - but I've had it freeze while starting iTunes or even lock up at the "Welcome" screen. It even froze once doing nothing at all.

I can't pinpoint this one. It's not the temps (CPU is 52 celsius idle I think) - and I've tried check disk, ran virus scans, malware scans, and registry checkers, I've tried memory tests, windows repair, uninstalling certain windows updates. It runs smooth as hell in safe mode which people point out may be a driver issue. I reinstalled the latest of my vid card's drivers and it still freezes. Maybe it's some kind of process conflict? I have no idea what to do.

I've got: GeForce GTX 470 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield ASUS Sabretooth motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA|||I had a very similar issue when i got a new graphics card and had a power supply unit that couldn't handle it.



OK, the PSU isn't what i'd call a definite problem.

This is very important - i read that your PSU has only one power connector that goes into your GPU, and the GTX 470 probably needs two, since my GTX 260 does, so - did you plug two power connectors directly into your graphics card?|||Try upgrading your ISP, I know of someone with AT&T who's computer has a larger system than mine and his freezes as well. My 548 RAM plays games and movies with the occasional freeze only I'm spending the money to Charter and they provide (at a price) great service.|||update flash player?

No comments:

Post a Comment