Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two Windows 7 problems. Help please? Graphics Card and WoW issue.?

I just got Windows 7, and I had XP, so I couldn't directly upgrade with my files and stuff saved. So I did the .old thing and got most of my stuff back. Already downloaded all the programs and got the drivers for most of my stuffs. The only thing that I can't seem to get a driver to work for is my video card, and it's confusing because I'm able to use the computer. I have a Nvidia GeForce FX5200, and I have the FX driver for Vista on my computer. But each time I try to install it, it says "The Setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware." I think, and the wizard closes. But I have the card in and everything, and on the device manager, there is a PCI Input Device that I can't get a driver for. The Video Card it says is in use right now is Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I'm guessing that's the default something, and I thought it could be the card I have in now, but it only has 64 MB of built in memory. Research on google tells me that this card is supposed to have 128, and it should support Aero. But it doesn't. How do I get this card to work?



Also, WoW isn't working. It says it can't initialize the 3D accelerator, please check to make sure your video drivers are up to date and you have Direct X 9.0c installed. I have Direct X, but it still won't work. So, the problem prolly backtracks to the Video Card issue.



Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.|||If you have 7,why are you trying to use Vista drivers? I just went to the Nvidia site and they have the drivers for 7 available for download.Another thing too that will help you,update your motherboard drivers.If it's one that came with the computer, go to support on your computers website.If it's a motherboard you installed, go to their website.



I got your email but for some reason i couldn't reply.I checked the Nvidia site,you're right,they have it listed but when you click on it,it says not available,I didn't click on it before.



Try updating the motherboard drivers,uninstall the Nvidia drivers,reinstall but right click,click properties and use compatability mode for vista service pack 2.If that doesn't work, try vista service pack 1 or even try xp service pack 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment