Wednesday, May 9, 2012

About upgrading to Windows 7?

I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. I have a few questions about Windows 7 though



1) My computer is an HP G60-235DX Notebook Laptop running a Pentium(R) Dual Core-CPU Processor. 3 GB of RAM with 287 GB hard disk space. I think the video card is a T4200 @ 2.00 GHz on a 32 Bit Operating system. Could my computer handle Windows 7 with this current setup?



2) I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack two. Would it be worth it for me to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional? Also, what is the differences between Home Premium and Professional versions?



3) Is there any way for me to transfer my drivers,software and personal items that are on my computer without downloading them again or putting them on my 8 GB flash drive. I also have subscriptions to anti-virus software would I need to purchase another license because I have had 2 hard drive crashes so this would be my fourth time entering in that Product Key?|||Hi Ryan,



1) Your computer should be just fine to run Windows 7. If you'd like to take a look at system requirements for Windows 7 visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo…



2) This choice is really one you have to make for yourself. Here is a comparison chart you can look through to see the difference between Windows Home Premium and Professional - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo…



3) Since you are moving from Vista to Windows 7, you have the choice to do an in-place upgrade meaning your files, programs, and settings will remain intact. Here is a guide to help you through all steps of the upgrade - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo…



Enjoy Windows 7!



Cheers,

Cassandra

Microsoft Windows Outreach|||I always tell all my clients that the rule of thumb is if the computer has been running Vista okay then windows 7 should work fine. I love windows 7. I have always hated Vista. Use an 8 GB or 16 GB flash drive and save all your stuff on it. Then when you get windows 7 installed you will be good to go.|||If I understand you correctly, you want to go FROM Windows 7 TO Vista? That's going backwards, my friend. You won't be upgrading, you will be downgrading. Windows 7 is more stable, more friendly, more easily used. But what you need to be sure about is whether you have 32-bit Home Premium or 64-bit Home Premium. You have to go to the same grade if you upgrade. You will HAVE to go to 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on what you currently have.



For instance, I have Vista Home Basic 32-bit. I can't go to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, without wiping my hard disk and starting over. I don't want to do that, so I'm stuck with what came with the computer. By next year, I'll be able to make the change, right now I can't. I hate Vista, it totally sucks. I think an earlier answerer gave you good advice about how to do this.|||Yes, windows 7 is faster than windows vista. Also windows 7 is more stabil and crashes less.



The different 7 versions have some other extra options at the install. A regular person would be fine with the home one, other people who play games and make software i.e. might want another version.



There is a way to upgrade your windows vista to 7 without reinstalling it. Don't got any experiences with that. I'd recommend you to put it on a flash drive or external hard disk.



Also, you might want to question yourself: Do i really need windows 7 or vista? XP can do most things 7 and vista can. So for most people, windows xp actually is the best choice. Since it's a lot faster.





Also, there are some cracked and tweaked windows versions available on the internet that are free and faster. Unattended windows 7 is an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment