Monday, May 7, 2012

Upgraded my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 and have lost Outlook Express?

I just upgraded my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 (also upgraded motherboard, CPU, RAM and video card). I eventually figured out that there is no more Outlook Express and I have lost a ton of important information I had saved in my Outlook folders. I told the Computer guys that I don't know much about computers and trusted them when they recommended I switch to Windows 7. I wish they had said something about losing Outlook Express but they didn't. I don't care about the emails that would have come in, but as I mentioned there were a lot of important things I had kept in some folders I made in there. Is there any possible way the computer guys can retrieve it, or any way I can retrieve it? The business was closed by the time I got home and I have to wait until tomorrow to ask, but it's killing me not knowing if is indeed possible for them to somehow find my folders. Thanks for all who reply.|||when your computer was upgraded from windows xp to windows 7, xp was removed because 7 doesn't support upgrades only clean installs and a clean install of 7 was performed not sure if anything's recoverable from the orginal xp install.|||For some reason, Microsoft didn't include it in Windows 7. You can download the current replacement, Windows Mail Live, from Microsoft.



http://download.live.com/wlmail



Your mail files should still be intact, unless you reformatted the disk. The new app should be able to access them.



Actually, I suspect you could probably still download Outlook Express for XP and install it on Windows 7. Try poking around on download.microsoft.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment