Wednesday, May 9, 2012

White screen on login, Windows 7. How to fix it? (Possible video card issue)?

I have an acer 5943G running windows 7 home premium SP1 64-bit.

My video card is ATI Radeon HD 5850.

My screen works fine during the boot up and "Starting Windows" screen, however when it gets to the login screen (welcome screen) the whole screen goes white. Windows logs in and continues to run in the background and I get all my normal sounds from programs asking me for an internet connection... The only work around I have at the moment is to close and open the laptop (put it in and out of sleep mode). When I open it, the screen is back on and working fine.

How can I fix this?

It used to be that the screen was black, but after taking it in for fixing for the 3rd time, it was a white screen instead.



Extra info, in the past youtube would sometimes show HD vids in green and then give me the blue screen of death after a little white noise. The blue screen and white noise has stopped after fixing, I sometimes still get the odd green video. This leads me to think it is a video card issue rather than a boot issue.|||can be different reasons, And i don't think its hardware issue, have you tried to install new themes, or software, if so try to restore to earlier time, you can also try to update your video card driver.



hope this helps,

forum.denweemlanka.com|||I got the following two useful answers:



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111013184931AAjeMPL



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Asq.maYET5.5J0qO0iOMk0IjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20111011193627AAryuDw

No comments:

Post a Comment