Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Video card for older Dell Dimension, Windows 7, MCE?

I'm looking to get an older Dell Dimension 4600 pc I have to be a media center for a televeision that is HDTV but the only inputs I have are component, s-video, coax, and rca's. No vga or hdmi. I have a video card that Windows 7 see's and is using, but it has only vga, and dvi out. I bought a vga to component cable, but it has done me no good. I have no idea why. It displays nothing when connected to the tv. Can anyone give me some idea what i should / could do to get the display to the tv. I'm not interested in spending $100 on a video card to put into a 5 year old pc. Thanks!!|||You should have this if you have DVI out on the PC. You may need the latest video drivers for you computer. Make sure you get the complete drivers set which includes all the options to configure the output to your TV. Set the TV as screen 2 so you can see both outputs in the videocard driver software on your PC monitor at the same time.. VGA to your PC monitor and DVI to your TV.



http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcabl…

No comments:

Post a Comment