Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Upgrading from XP to Windows 7 on a Netbook?

I have decided to upgrade from windows xp home edition to windows 7 x32bit on my vaio W netbook/laptop. I have already upgraded my ram from 1GB to 2GB, and my system specifications exceed the basic system requirements. Because i'm installing from XP, i will have to do a 'clean install' i believe?



my question is, will i have to individually re install all my drivers software for hardware (like webcam, sound, video card ect...) and programms?? or will Windows 7 do this for me?|||You will have to reinstall all of your programs and some of your drivers. And yes, you have to do a clean install.|||If your netbook isn't like >10 years old or anything, Windows 7 should have all the drivers. Upgrading to Vista pre-SP1 is another thing, but Win 7 generally fixed the hardware-incompatibility issue. Just install, run some windows update, and voila.



Sadly, you must do a clean install and reinstall all your programs =/|||download vista tranform pack 4 from http://www.softroof.com/7tp/temp.htm

to update xp to vista for free without deleting anything

No comments:

Post a Comment