Sunday, May 6, 2012

I just upgraded to windows 7 and now my HDTV on my computer is blurry and worse quality.What is going on?

I had vista on my computer for awhile and loved watching HDTV on my computer through Windows Media Center. Sports games were amazing. I just upgraded to Windows 7, now my HD is blurry and if I adjust my video card to 100 percent noise reduction and edge enhancement it makes it a little sharper, but it is very pixely and not clear. I am wondering if the update to windows 7 did anything with the tuner? It may be my video card but everything else looks fine, its only when I watch TV. the card is an AverMedia M792 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC. It's making me upset because I hate going from something that was great to something worse! What could be the problem? I'm familiar with computers so I'm pretty sure it's much deeper than just a setting. Thanks|||Try updating the drivers for your video card.|||hardware might not be supported under Windows 7 just yet. (microsoft is sort of down playing this atm)



chances are if your hardware is older then windows 7 by two-three years then you either A.) wont ever have supportive drivers b.) will have to wait awhile for the vendor to release a windows 7 driver.



you might be able to install a vista driver and run under compatibility mode, but that can be shoot and miss.





I still dont have 7 drivers for my.....



Happauge PV-150R HDTV tuner

BFG Physics Processing unit.

Azuentec 7.1 Forte Platinum Audio card (2009 170$ sound card i want my @#%^$ drivers Azuen)







I'd also look to make sure that you have the appropriate drivers for your video card (you quoted your capture card) as not having the correct video drivers install can display symptoms like you desribed.





At the very worst, you can dual install both vista and windows 7, You'll just have to set up your hard drive as a dual partition. (pretty easy to do)



after both are installed a DOS prompt asks which version you want to boot before it loads windows..pretty sweet. I've got XP 32, 64/ Vista 64 and 7 on my computer, but i've got 4 hard drives.|||You will need to install the correct drivers for Windows 7.|||its probably the driver for the card not being compatible with Windows 7. Try updating it and see if it works that way.|||Hi Matt

You could try re-installing the driver in Compatibility Mode. Here is a nifty article at the Microsoft TechNet website: http://bit.ly/B0tCG

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

GeoffV

Microsoft Windows 7 Team|||I don't know if this is related, but if you have an Nvidia GPU that is handling the video from your AverMedia tuner, then maybe this will help. When I switched from using DVI to HDMI out from my graphics card, Nvidia decided that I really wanted to scale my video, even though the screen res was set to 1920x1080, same as the monitor. I found that if I pulled up the Nvidia control panel and selected Advanced Settings, Video & Television, Resize HDTV Desktop there is a "Do Not Resize My Desktop" radio button. This fixed the blurriness for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment