Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Which Free OS is faster the Windows 7 and not so Resources Hungry?

Hi All

I Currently run Windows 7 on Dell GX270 2.80Ghz 2GB Ram and Geforce 6200 Video Card



I use my PC Mainly for browsing the net, i was wondering running Win7 on A basic PC is kind of slowing down my net?



i want to try a Free os which wont Use to much resources CPU RAM And Graphics but also be easy to install with drivers etc. And must have a Windows look to it.



Thanks for your Answers|||I switched to Ubuntu and Lubuntu. Lubuntu is a lighterweight, less resource gobbling version of Ubuntu and I love it. I love them both and have them on different machines in my house, I honestly don't notice a big difference between the functionality of speed of the two.|||mint LXDE looks like lubuntu superficially but will have more automatic driver installation. this is relevant because Dell laptops sometimes need special drivers.



Re: must have a Windows look:

the look and feel of linux is up to you. initially, it's laid out similar to windows but you absolutely must play with the settings because, you will find usability features that microsoft never offered. when you get used to an attractive, efficient user interface, the windows look and feel will become unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment