Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Windows 7 upgrade video playback issues?

I upgraded my windows vista laptop to windows 7, everything seems fine except my video playback, it is much more blury or fuzzy now. I have downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card (ati radeon hd 3200) but it hasnt changed!



What should I do?



Thanks|||Have you tried adjusting your resolution and DPI?

I would start there and make sure the settings are maxed - right click desktop - personalize - display settings - I would also check that the refresh rate is set at the recommended rate for your display (ie. 60hz, 75hz, ect)



Do you have the catalyst control center installed from ATI?

I would look at some settings through there next



If you can't get it and need additional look at it:



1) Hold the windows key and hit R

2) Type dxdiag then hit enter

3) Click yes to the pop up to check driver signing

4) Click Save all information... button at the bottom

5) Post the log to a new thread in this video section =

http://www.tech-101.com/support/index.ph…|||Below is the link for your laptop video driver, if you are not sure. Uninstall the drivers which you have installed before.



Check for the latest directx update on Microsoft site.



What video player are you using ? check for an update for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment