Monday, May 7, 2012

Video card running hot at BIOS and Windows 7 start up?

I'm not quite sure what is going on but my computer crashed just yesterday, with a blue screen stating that it was dumping physical data and now I have an even bigger problem. Windows will not start up correctly and it takes an insanely long time for it to do anything. It starts up, but takes 5 minutes to get to a screen that says Welcome, and after that takes 10 minutes to get to a black screen where I can move the mouse around. The desktop itself may take another 30 minutes to show up with the task bar.



I unplugged everything inside the computer and reconnected it all. The only thing I noticed is that the video card itself seemed very hot after booting up for only 2 minutes and then starts to cool down after a long period of the black screen.



I would really not rather buy a new video card... it's been fine except for a few hiccups while playing high end games. Could the video card be the problem or is something wrong with the hard drive? Maybe Windows? I would format, but there's a few files I'd want to get off my desktop first... and I can't seem to get on any part of Windows to do this.



My build:



Windows 7

Asus Motherboard P5-N (or something along those lines)

Intel Quadcore 2.4 GHz

GeForce 260XT

500GB hard drive (Hitachi)

650 watt sli ready PSU



I don't know if much else is important. I just want my computer back to normal. :(



ps. I'm writing this on someone else's laptop.|||Sounds like a hard drive failure to me. I'd replace the hard drive and then try to get my files off the old hard drive.|||Fried Mother Board(partially not all of it)

or Fried Graphics Card

No comments:

Post a Comment