Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Old computer with new video card(for games)?

I am going to buy a video card and i wanted to check if the 1 im gonna buy will work with my computer. The card is this http://www.scanmalta.com/eshop/1gb-gainw…

these are my system specs

processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00 GHz 2.99GHz

Installed memory(RAM) 4.00GB (3.12GB usable)

System Type : 32-bit operating system.

my current video card is integrated ,I do have PCI but will my computer run slowly with this (i have windows 7) and will i have to upgrade my 230volt power supply if u need any extra info email me at jacquescaruana@hotmail.com (not at yahoo) and if possible how to get that info without going on website. p.s i will use the card for gaming as my current card cant run 2000 (year) games but all my other specs work.|||The GT 220 is an entry-level card and will not perform as well as older high-end cards like the 9800 or even an older mid-range card like the 9600. Use the video card benchmark website as a guide to help you compare which ones perform better for your budget.



It'll work as long as you have a PCI Express x16 slot. It won't fit a PCI Express x1 and x4 will not do.



The third link below is a Power Supply calculator by Asus. It'll help you determine which power supply is a minimum to run your new video card.|||That card is for PCI-Express.. You would first want to make sure that your computer has PCI-Express ports.. It probably does but just check.. If it does the video card should help a little, but your processor may need some updating soon!|||It probably will. I mean if you have Pentium D chances are you have a PCI E slot. You really should download something called CPU-Z, and check out what type of motherboard you have, then check to see if it has a PCI-E slot.



Anyhow, I suggest you look into a different card because 220 is really-really slow so you can't play games on it. If you're low on money, get a card from a previous generation like 9800 GTX or if that's too expensive try 9600 GT.|||I do not think this card will work with your system, I suggest that you take your computer info and video card info to best buy and ask them to make sure.

I would also look into upgrading your power supply, you need at least 100v over the video card to make sure you have the power for it to work.

Do some more research on the video card you may find that it takes 350v or higher

No comments:

Post a Comment