Friday, April 27, 2012

What video card should I get?

I am looking for a video card which will allow me to run 3+ monitors from my windows 7 machine. At least one with HDMI. (I have a 32" LCD TV as my main monitor and 2 VGA monitors for my seondary and tertiary)



Any ideas?|||As I explained to you previously, your third monitor MUST have a DisplayPort jack if you want to run triple monitors off one video card-- That's what triple-monitor video cards like ATI's Eyefinity HD5000- and HD6000-series cards require. If your third display does not have a DisplayPort jack, then you will have to spend another $100 or so on an Active DisplayPort dongle.



If you want to use your LCD HDTV as your main monitor and two VGA monitors on the sides, I recommend at least an HD5750 with two DVI ports and one DisplayPort. You will need to buy an Active DisplayPort-to-DVI dongle and a DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect the DisplayPort jack to your HDTV's HDMI, and connect the VGA monitors to the two DVI-I ports on the card using DVI-to-VGA adapters.



Hope this helps.

.|||I am doing the same thing. I got a ATI Radeon 5770 HD and have no complaints at all. Great card and cheap. It comes with one DVI to VGA converter, so you'll have to pick another one up to run both VGA's, they are very cheap though. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q…|||I suggest you buy ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2.

The most powerful and fastest graphics card available today.|||Get one of the newer Radeons with Eyefinity. 6850/6870|||budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment