Thursday, April 26, 2012

Windows xp or windows 7 for gaming?

Ok,so I'm getting a pc soon I wanna know which one is better for me as the purpose of gaming.Here are some basic specs of the pc:

intel core i7 920 2.66ghz 8mb cache...



8 or 12 gb of ddr3 ram.



os on the pc: windows 7 ultimate x64(64 bit)



22-24in monitor



- I have a good video card



the games i'm gonna buy for this pc are all the call of duty games for pc and all the medal of honor games for pc.and few other realted games.So some games have a hard time with windows 7 and some have a hard time with xp. I'm really confused.I want windows 7 ultimate x64 but on the other hand xp has more compatibility. I have heard of xp mode but I suspect that it won't be sturdy enough

to run the games that are made for xp. So I am really confused. I also don't want to dual boot cause it's complex to set the driver,boot stuff,etc...I just want a os that will support my needs.|||Why is this even in question? XP is out of date. Programs are not going to be made for it any more. Windows 7 is compatible with directx11 witch makes your games look 1000 times better. Just youtube DX10 and DX11. Windows XP is only DX9 compatible and vista is DX10 compatible (forget about Vista) Windows 7 run a million times better than vista. You have a really good cpu and a ton of ram so there is no reason why you shouldint go with windows 7. Just about every thing will run on it. Including old programs, the only problem i have had with windows 7 compatibility is running an old game from the 90s. Nuke nukem 3d|||if you have that much of performance then windows seven is the way to go ... and windows seven got improved capabilities for 3d visual entertainment and effects ...|||you've got tons of ram and a fast processor, dont worry about it go for windows 7, its much more stable and all the new games will prefer it. you will only have some problems running really really old games, most all games from the past 10 years will work, for instance I play starcraft absolutely fine and thats from 1998, you won't have any problems with games that came out like 3 years ago on xp.

No comments:

Post a Comment