Friday, April 27, 2012

Will switching to Windows 7 x64 improve things on a 4gb system?

I've got Windows 7 Ultimate x86 installed, and I can install x64 instead. Reformatting or reinstalling isn't an issue. I'm just wondering : will I see performance gains in games that are obviously not optimized for x64? I.e., will having 1 more gb of usable ram (4gb installed, 1gb video card) improve matters at all for recent or future games? Or is this just a waste of time? (I have both OSs on DVD and I do not activate them anyway)|||no not really i have done some testing myself actually on high graphic demanding games 32 bit system tend to perform better than 64 bit. i'd suggest you to install 64 bit OS only if you have 4+ GB Ram otherwise stick with 32 Bit. as for game compatibility any new game will run on either 32 or 64 bit.|||Well thats a long story, but in short you will not see any perfomance gains if the application is not designed to take advantage of x64 processor!

No comments:

Post a Comment