Friday, April 27, 2012

Can I do a fresh install of Windows 7 on a HP GT70-200 Laptop?

I have a laptop from HP with Vista loaded (1 year old). It took an automatic Windows upgrade and the system files got corrupted. I could not do a recovery and was screwed. I had somebody try to load a copy of Vista on it (but it was an upgrade version instead of full install). It is working, but I can't get the network adapter to work (tried loading new driver), the video card shows an error and all "other" devices show as an error. No Internet even hard wired to a router. I have 2 choices, take it in somewhere and see what happens or I am thinking of buying a full install of Windows 7 and starting from scratch. Any thoughts on best path? 200 bucks for Windows 7, but will it load properly and recognise the network adaptors and "other devices"?|||Yes it should work fine|||Drivers do not come with the OS for laptops for some reason.|||yes? why not then..?

No comments:

Post a Comment