Friday, April 27, 2012

Windows 7 recognizes my Dell 2001FP monitor but there is no display.?

I am using a Dell Studio 1440.

It is connected by an HDMI to DVI-D cable.

The monitor is on the correct (DVI-D) input.

I installed the newest drivers for the NVIDIA 9400M video card.

I used Fn-F8 (it's actually F1 for my laptop).

It worked in Vista 2 days ago with the same setup, but only with a specific resolution (I've tried all the available resolutions in 7).

I've tried to connect through the "clone" mode and "extend desktop" through both windows and the NVIDIA control panel. The monitor changes to a slightly lighter shade of black. The computer sees no problem with the monitor.|||You may need to go back to windows vista, go to dell find all of your drivers load them to disk and install them after you up date to windows 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment