Thursday, April 26, 2012

Question about video cards?

My computer doesn't run games very well, so I was possibly thinking of upgrading the video card from the on-board one, which is an ATI Radeon HD3200. I was just wondering, would upgrading the video card for my PC make a huge change? Or is there another factor that would still bring the quality of games down? I'm looking to spend about $100-$200.



My specs(Pretty bad, I know):



Processor - AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2.3GHz

Installed Memory(RAM) - 8GB

DirectX Version - DirectX11

Operating System - Windows 7 64-bit

Hard Drive Space - 1TB



Thanks for any help :)|||yes, if you are gaming you will notice a massive difference with a good video card.



however, they are power hungry, and you may also need to upgrade your PSU|||The video card is by far your biggest bottleneck. You should be a HUGE increase in performance after video card upgrade. I'd suggest something around $150-200.|||Id look at a price range of $150 and up...Something you wont have to change again! somewhere in the HD 5770 or GTX 460 class. That would be a huge difference from your 3200|||definitely.



how is your psu and temperatures in the box? some of these cards draw over 100w alone and that adds heat which needs plenty airflow

No comments:

Post a Comment