Friday, April 27, 2012

New PC with windows 7 64-bit, sound stops, and videos become choppy after an hour or two?

I bought a brand new custom PC and its great, BUT after about an hour or so the sound stops and videos become choppy, although the PC reports that sound is fully functional *REBOOTING my PC ALWAYS fixes the problem* but it can be quite inconvenient to have to reboot all the time. The thermometer on my PC indicates a steady temp that's not above avg (23 degrees C).



specs:



AMD Phenom II 965 x4 3.4 GHz proccessor.

Nvidia 9400 GT 1GB video card.

Bose plug-and-go type speakers.

apevia X-dreamer 3 PC case.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

4 GB RAM



I may end up just going back to XP 32-bit since i only have 4 GB RAM and all the compatibility issues and what not aren't quite worth the few windows 7 benefits I've noticed



feel free to ask for additional info :)|||call the company you bought it from or hire a technician|||Windows 7 ,being a rebuild of Vista has sound issues, I had problens in chat, listening and loosing sound, but have fond a cure via a combination of programs I use to stabilise it.Yours is a different problem, andI know they are working on it and it will be rectified? google the issue and see?

No comments:

Post a Comment