Thursday, April 26, 2012

Windows 7 will not play a video from my smart media card?

for my nikon coolpix camera? I had no problems with windows xp. what do I need to do to make my v ideos play?|||Is your video an AVI file?



Later versions of Windows Media Player dropped support for AVI some time ago (Microsoft didn't want to pay licensing fees or somesuch and were more interested in promoting their own WMV format) but you could download additional codec packs which provided AVI support. The problem is that many of the free codec downloads which exist online are either corrupt, unstable or sometimes even malware posing as codecs.



Many people who had older XP systems which played AVI's just fine, discovered their newer systems with Vista, didn't.



The easiest solution for AVI playback is to download a player which supports AVI - The VLC media player or DivX player are a couple of good ones which play AVIs and just about every other movie format, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment