Friday, May 4, 2012

Windows 7 shows more Video memory then usual?

So yesterday i installed windows 7. I formatted windows XP and installed windows 7 on its place, everything seems to run okay but when i did the Windows Experiance index rating it showed that my Graphic card has 1022 MB of Memory. I have a Pentium D Dual core 3.0 ghz, 2 GB of ram, 500 gb hdd, and 8600 GT 512 MB. But it is showing that my video card has 1022 MB of Video Memory while infact the card has 512 MB. i also cheacked the DX diagnostic and it showed my RAM as 2 GB while my video card memoy as 1022 MB.

Is this going to cause problems for gaming? is there any way to correct this?



THanks|||because your ram dedicated some ram to the graphics so it can run better|||This is actually part of an improvement with DirectX and Windows 7. Windows 7 has the ability to Dynamically allocate some system memory to your Video when needed. I haven't had any problems with gaming (aside from the Crappy Catalyst support in Windows 7 and Crossfire...)



My Cards together have 2GB Onbaord memory (1GB per card)....Windows 7 reports 4GB available to play with....|||It could have the potential to cause problems, but if your video drivers are all up to date you probably will be fine. I would suggest going into your BIOS and having a look at video memory values there, though.|||Sounds more like an upgrade. Haha. I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice anything running slowly. Windows 7 isn't necessarily done yet, so it might be a bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment