Friday, May 4, 2012

Will It Hurt TO Make Windows 7 My Primary?

IVE HAD IT! I AM SICK OF VISTA!!!!!



Yes I know most people say its ok now that it is 3 years old but I have a high end computer with 8gb ram plenty of hard drive space and video card and all that and I still am totally amazed at how slow my system is!!



I am not a noob, I know about virus/spyware all that and I have 0.



I have reinstalled windows vista (which came with my computer in february) at least 6 times trying to get it better.



I have 64bit.



MY QUESTION: Even though it is a beta RC I see people litterally praising windows 7. All of my programs are going to be compatiable Ive alredy checked into this.



DO YOU think it is ok to go ahead and make the RC my primary OS as long as I keep it backed up? At least until october when I can get the retail version, I will gladly clean install it with no fuss so I dont care about that.



Thanks SO much.



Although I appreciate them, please just do not give me tips for vista. Im DONE!!|||w7 has been my main since the first beta release and i have had no problems since then so i say go for it!







For all this information and more great stuff Join me at knowledgevault.darkbb.com|||You will probably love windows 7. If you plan on buying it anyhow and don't care about having to do a clean reinstall then go for the RC7. I have it running on my netbook and I don't have any issues.

There may be some minor driver support issues, but for the most part I have not heard any complaints about 7.



If you want to, go ahead and image your system as it is now then install windows 7. Just make sure you don't wipe out your image in the process. Or you may want to do a dual boot. Windows 7 installation is the fastest and easiest windows install I have EVER done! About 30 minutes!



TIP: Run the upgrade adviser from Microsoft FIRST. If there are any known driver compatibility issues (like your network card doesn't work with supplied drivers!) it should let you know so you can download the correct driver BEFORE you install Windows 7.



It is VERY stable, very few bugs (minor bugs are all I have seen), runs great.|||I'd fresh install the Windows 7 Release Candidate. Though it's pretty stable for most, you should probably be sure to backup more than usual just in case you have some weird compatibility issue. You almost certainly won't touch Vista again after settling in on Windows 7.



And then yes, I'd plan to go to the retail version in October. Reportedly the upgrade versions will work coming from the RC and will recognize it as a legitimate prior genuine version of Windows -- it will still technically do a fresh install, but the upgrade discs will work for you. (You wouldn't have to do something like reinstall Vista to get them to work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment