Friday, May 4, 2012

New Windows 7 Laptop Help?

I just got a Dell N7010 laptop ordered from the website for Christmas. It's got the better graphics card and got an experience rating of 5.0. It's a nice computer. It's 17.3" running Windows 7. When I got the laptop on Christmas day, I noticed ads coming through the speakers every once and a while. While using programs, such as Google Chrome, I'll be typing something and the cursor goes away and Google Chrome is now running in the background (as if I clicked somewhere in another program and whatever I am currently typing never gets typed.) Another thing is it recently got over a Trojan Generator that got on there by a video codec I downloaded. Smart move, I know lol. Crap I hate the spell checker on this site. Haha oh and the start up time is about five minutes...? I'm defragmenting the main/only hard drive now so that'll possibly help. IMO (in my opinion) there is still a ton of viruses/trojans inside the RAM that is screwing with me. Another problem recently is I cannot do anything with printers. The print spooler service won't function right, and I cannot remember but there's one other service... It's just like nothing is working the way it's supposed to. My parents paid too much for this and I am normally content but this just isn't good. Also, is there any way to get rid of the icon at the right bottom corner whenever I hit caps lock, num lock, etc.? That's annoying while playing games and such. There are a few more problems but what should I do? Should I call tech support? Should I take it into a store? Demand a refund? Thanks!|||You can CALL tech support or try using a Virsu program...a really good one i know is AVG 2011 (freeversion ) And if ya ask me i can get you the full verion free.|||comment here Brain..do u still want full version?

Report Abuse


|||You almost certainly have a boatload of malware.

Start with Malwarebytes. (Run a FULL scan).

http://www.malwarebytes.org/



Get a decent AV app like MSE

https://www.microsoft.com/security_essen… (Run a FULL scan).

You might benefit from a complete reinstall.

Be more careful with your surfing and downloading habits.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-sec…

No comments:

Post a Comment