Friday, May 4, 2012

EMachines t5088 not compatible with Windows 7?

I was trying to upgrade my OS from Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 7 Ultimate. I verified on Microsoft site that this a valid upgrade and I ran compatibility adviser from Microsoft. Compatibility check showed no issues and I uninstalled whatever programs it told me were uncompatible. Since I had Windows Vista I tried an upgrade. Everything seemed to go smoothly and then my pc reboot and it asked me to setup a user name and password. It also allowed me to setup my timezone. Then it told me that it did not recognize my HDD I told it to retry. It did this 3 times and then reboot. Upon rebooting the eMachines recovery program came on and I ended up having to reinstall factory settings to Vista. I then downloaded a gazillion updates and finally was up to SP2. I decided that a clean install (custom) would do the trick. I ended up running a clean install and running the Easy Transfer program. Ended up in the same boat! I tried Live Chat on eMachines site and they freakin told me that this system is "not compatible" with Windows 7?!! WTF?! LOL....I refuse to believe that. It is...afterall...just a PC.



Is this possible? Has anyone updated this particular model to Windows 7?



Anywhoo....here are my specs directly from eMachines site. Hope the Yahoo! community is of much more use to me than the eMachine outsourced tech support.



T5088 Support Information

Specifications

CPU : Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 641

Hyper-Threading and Intel® EM64T Technology

(Operates at 3.20GHz | 2MB L2 Cache | 800MHz FSB)

Operating System : Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic

Chipset : Intel® 945GC

Memory : 512MB DDR2 Memory, Dual-Channel Capable

(1 × 512MB), 533MHz (PC4200)

Expandable to 2GB

2 DDR2 Slots (Total), 1 DDR2 Slot (Available)

Hard Drive : 160GB SATA II (7200rpm, 2MB Cache)

Optical Drives : DVD±RW 16x Multiformat Dual-Layer Optical Drive

Up to 8.5GB with Dual-Layer Media

Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R DL, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW

Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM

Media Reader : High-Performance 15-in-1 Digital Media Manager™

xD-Picture Card™, CompactFlash® I (CF), CompactFlash® II, Secure Digital™ (SD), Mini Secure Digital™ (Mini SD™), Multi Media Card™ (MMC), Reduced Size MMC (RS-MMC), MMC Mobile, MMC Plus, Memory Stick™ (MS), Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro®, Memory Stick Pro® Duo, SmartMedia, IBM Microdrive™

Video : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Up to 224MB Shared Video Memory

PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available for upgrade

Sound : 6-Channel (5.1) High-Definition Audio

Amplified Stereo Speakers (USB-Powered)

Communications : 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem (RJ-11 port)

Intel® 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)

Peripherals : Multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse (PS/2)

Ports/Other : 6 - USB 2.0 Ports (2 Front, 4 Rear)

1 - VGA

1 - Parallel port

1 - Serial port

2 - PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse)

3 - Audio (rear): Line-in/Side (Stereo), Front/Headphone (Stereo), Microphone

2 - Audio (Front): Microphone, Front/Headphone (Stereo)

1 - RJ-45 Ethernet port

1 - RJ-11 Modem port|||I just tried and had exactly the same problem. I think there is one chip it the computer that is not compatible with windows 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment