Friday, May 4, 2012

What is the best video card I can get for my Dell 8300?

I'm looking for a good graphics card for under $100 that is compatible with my computer. If you need my specs, here are most of them:

Operating System: Ubuntu (soon to be Windows 7)

Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.00ghz

2GB RAM

(I'm not sure what my sound or video card is, all I know is that I need to upgrade it)

160GB HDD

2GB DDR (not sure what this means)



Please get back to me ASAP



Thanks,



Max|||According to Dell's support site, your Dimension 8300 has an older AGP slot. That means you can only use AGP cards (kind of a bummer, because entry-level AGP cards are more expensive than PCI-Express versions)



http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy…



In your price range there isn't much. The Radeon 3850 (about $89) is the best AGP card on the market, but it requires a 450 watt power supply. So you can't use that without spending more money to upgrade the power supply first.



Your best bet is a Radeon 4650 or 3650:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



The AGP Radeon 4670 is faster, but costs over $100 compared to about $70 for the PCI-Express version.



BTW, both the 4650 and 4670 normally run fine on 300W power supplies- the published recommendation of 400W is more than those cards usually need.|||Geforce 9300 is really good! but you can see Microsoft suggestion in Microsoft.com|||Well, for your computer you can't go that high as you want, I recommend a Radeon HD 4600 or higher. An it is under 100 dollars or NVIDIA's 8800GT

No comments:

Post a Comment