Friday, May 4, 2012

Should I upgrade from Vista basic to Windows 7 (please see details)?

I have Vista Basic and considering upgrading to Windows 7. If I do upgrade, I'll wait a month or 2 to for the bugs to get sorted out.



My choices are Home Premium 32/64 bit, and Professional 32/64 bit. I can get them for about $40 and all versions at the SAME PRICE.



Specs:



Model: Thinkpad T61

RAM: 4 GB (I'm aware of the "memory limit" in 32 bit windows)

Video Card: integrated :(

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 ghz, give or take 0.1 or two (64bit capable)



Is it worth it, and if so which version should I get, and what are your thoughts on the 32/64 bit?



thank you guys in advance.|||I like Windows 7. I've been using 64 bit for a few weeks and I haven't noticed any "bugs". It has a quicker boot time, and seems a whole lot slimmer on memory usage. Professional has a business set of features like advanced backup and restore features, whereas Home Premium has features like enhanced media support. It really depends on what you use your computer for. If you primarily conduct business with your machine, choose Business, If not, choose Home Premium. In either case, I would choose 64 bit.|||Windows 7 Is gonna be very nice having almost everything compatible with vista so there will be no driver conflicts so on and so forth. As for your video card this is the only thing that worries me. If you can run Vista smoothly then it should be no problem with windows 7. Processor seems well enough to handle AERO feature. Def. get 64bit and professional is going to offer more business based functions like advanced tools for administration and less tools for media I.E. Media center and no games. So if your looking for fun get Premium|||From what I've heard, Windows 7 is the best version ever. Please be aware that you've only got Windows Vista BASIC, so you CANNOT simply install the "upgrade" version of Windows 7. You'll need to do a clean install, which means reformatting your hard drive before installing the full version of Windows 7. If you decide to go that route, I would choose the 64 bit version if your computer has a 64 bit processor.|||some will tell you no and the other will agree it's an opinion matter

check microsoft and see if it's suitable for you !



even thought you have a good pc i would recommend vista ultimate .



... the old programs and games might not work on 64



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment