Friday, May 4, 2012

How to Re-Enable Wireless on Windows 7?

IRQ sharing can also cause these problems. Follow these steps to check for conflicts:

1. Go to the device manger (Start>Run>devmgmt.msc)

2. Select Resources by Connection from the “View” menu

3. Select Interrupt Request (IRQ) and a list will be displayed

4. Find your “OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller” in the list

5. Look for the PCI number listed before your FireWire controller



Do other devices have the same PCI number? If a device such as the graphics/video card, Network Controller (Ethernet, modem, or wireless), or the built-in audio card have the same number, this may be the source of your problem. With the exception of your video/graphics cards, these other devices can be disabled to eliminate the conflict. Right-click and choose disable to disable the device. To enable the device, right-click and select enable. If you have installed a FireWire expansion card, shut down the computer and test the card in a different PCI or cardbus slot. We have a separate article for more in-depth IRQ Troubleshooting.



These are the steps I took to disable wireless. I disabled wireless because it had the same PCI number has my ieee 1394 driver. I was attempting to fix my my firewire after it quit working when upgraded to Windows 7. When I go back into device manager I can't find a wireless option to Re-enable wireless. Computer cannot make a wireless connection through wireless wizard. Only option it gives me is to hook up ethernet cord. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks!|||1) Right click on My Computer

2) Go to Hardware Tab

3) Click on Device Manager

4) Expand the Network Adapters selection

5) Make sure that your wireless adapter is not disabled and showing on the list.

6) If it is disabled right click on the device and enable

7) If not showing here you will need to re-installed your wireless adapter

No comments:

Post a Comment